[recent_products per_page=”8″ columns=”4″]
Pocketwatches.org.uk aims to bring together a wealth of information on pocket watches and combine it with product reviews and information to help you make an informed decision when buying a pocket watch online.
This website allows you to compare prices, read reviews and gather further information on the subject of pocket watches which in recent years have become more of a collectors item than an accessory for which it was popular for in the past. That’s not to say that you cannot buy a pocket watch for everyday use and many still do, with both new and antique items available to purchase you can easily find a watch to suit and budget and taste.
Hopefully by using the information contained on this site we will be able to point you in the right direction and help you make an informed decision on the right type of pocket watch for you.
Pocket Watch Types
Pocket watches are categorised by the type of face display they are given – of which there are five main types.
- Full Hunter – Hinged cover fulling enclosing the watch face.
- Half Hunter – Features a cover that includes a hole to allow reading of the time without having to remove the cover.
- Double Hunter – Same as a full hunter, with an additional rear case to view the mechanical movements.
- Double Half Hunter – A combination of the double hunter and half hunter, half hunter at the front and full hunter case at the rear.
- Open Face – As the name suggests, no cover protecting the face of the watch.